Our Used or Second Hand books are selected base on the condition of the book, popularity, best sellers, year of publication and a request or wish-list. Therefore their condition might have a bit of deteriorate but still in good condition and readable. All pages and cover are intact (including the dust cover, if applicable). Spine may show signs of wear, brownish in color, a torn pages, writing marking by previous owner and so on.
Please observe these criteria to describe the conditions of each book if applicable.
- As New: The book is in the same immaculate condition as when it was published. This could be the description for a book that has been lost in a warehouse for years, never shelved, thumbed or even opened yet may still be some years old.
- Fine (F or FN): A Fine book approaches the condition of As New, but without being crisp. The book may have been opened and read, but there are no defects to the book, jacket or pages.
- Very Good (VG): Describes a book that shows some small signs of wear – but no tears – on either binding or paper. Any defects should be noted by the seller.
- Good (G): Describes the average used worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects should be noted.
- Fair: Worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack end-papers, half-title, etc. (which must be noted). Binding, jacket (if any), etc., may also be worn. All defects should be noted.
- Poor: Describes a book that is sufficiently worn. Any missing maps or plates should still be noted. This copy may be soiled, scuffed, stained or spotted and may have loose joints, hinges, pages, etc.
- Binding Copy: describes a book in which the pages or leaves are perfect but the binding is very bad, loose, off, or nonexistent.
- Reading Copy: A copy usually in poor to fair condition that includes all text presented in a legible fashion. The copy is fine to read but nothing more.
Please bear these in mind before making an order because any purchase is final and will not be refunded.